- 1 cup rawa (semolina)
- 1/2 cup sugar (if you like it too sweet you can take 1 cup sugar to 1 cup semolina)
- 1/4 cup ghee
- water as required *
- 5-6 Cardamom, powder
- 10-12 raisins
- In a thick bottom pan roast semolina till its slightly almond color. Fry on medium flame, don't rush and keep stirring.
- When finished, in another pan add the sugar and add water * just to soak the sugar and boil.
- Boil until sugar is dissolved and further 3-4 min. Turn off the gas when done.
- Add roasted semolina and stir well, add cardamom powder and raisins.
- Close with the lid, keep it aside for 15-20 min.
- Now you can make ladoos ( small plum size shape).
- Let it cool properly before storing.
- You can add slightly roasted coconut in the mixture as well.
- For colour you can add Saffron when the sugar and water is boiling.
- Make the ladoos till the mixture is warm else it gets difficult to get the shape and becomes crumbly.
- If the mixture does not get dry after keeping for about 20mins, you can slightly heat it to get it dry.
- If the rava is not roasted properly, the laddoos become sticky so to avoid it fry semolina well till it turns slightly almond brown and on low- medium flame.
This post goes to Diwali sweets and snacks event