5 Grain Porridge
This is a healthy alternative for cornflakes in morning. Good in winter as it produces heat in the body. Basically this is a mixture of 5 grains, coarsely ground. You can store this for couple of months.
1 cup Bajari (Pearl millet)
1 cup Rice
1 cup Jowar (Sorghum)
1 cup wheat
1 cup whole Moog (whole mung beans with skin on)
½ cup Til / sesame seeds roasted
2 tsp Oowa / Ajwain Roasted (Carom seeds Roasted)
2 cups water
Salt to taste
1) 1)Roast separately all the grains on low flame. In thick bottom pan.
2) 2) Ground separately all grains coarsely. Sesame and carom seeds as well.
3) 3)Mix all the grains, sesame and carom seeds.
1) 1) Boil water in thick bottom Pot. Add salt.
2) 2) Mix 3 tbsp above prepared mixture in ½ water and add to boiling water.
3) 3) Keep on stirring while its cooking. Cook for 15-20 min.
4) 4)Serve with milk or buttermilk. (Recipe for buttermilk in Spicy sago)