(Fresh Turmeric Pickle with Fresh Ginger and lemon )
- 200 gms Fresh raw halad (turmeric ) - cleaned and grated
- 3-4 gms lemons , cut quarterly
- 2 lime juice
- 50 gms fresh ginger grated
- 50 gms salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4-5 dry red chili
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp hing ( asofoetida )
- 5 tbsp oil
- Mix together grated turmeric, ginger and lemon with salt and keep it in airtight container for 24 hours.
- Next day you will see it has released water from itself.
- Now make oil for it, heat a pan and add oil in it keep medium flame, when heated add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennels seeds , dry red chili , let it fry for a min. Turn off the gas when popped and add asofoetida i.e, hing and chili powder now let it cool for 4-5 hours, do not pop in hot.
- When properly cooled mix with the earlier mixture. The oil should be in the top float in the container, if you feel its less can heat some extra oil, cool it and add to the mixture.
- Keep the pickle outside for 15 - 20 days afterwards refrigerate it.