- 1 cup plain flour / Maida
- 2 tbsp semolina / Rawa
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 tsp carom seeds / Owa
- 2 tbsp warm oil
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix plain flour, semolina, cumin, carom seeds, salt and oil and make crumbly dough.
- Now add water and make dough (Consistency should be hard than chapati dough)
- Keep aside for 20-30 min to set. Cover with damp cloth.
- Make 2-3 parts.
- Roll into thin sheets and cut into small pieces
- Deep fry on low to medium flame, its takes around 4-5 min. (Don't rush when frying, if you fry on high flame it will not be crispy but it will become soft when cooled)
- Remove on Kitchen paper towel.
- When cold, store in air tight container.
This post goes to Diwali sweets and snacks event 2010