This vegetable is specially done in Dasra festival at my in laws place. Its really very easy to make and delicious too. Its basically offering to god so we don't use onion, ginger, garlic.
- 2 cup cubed pumpkin ( seeded removed and peeled)
- 1 tbsp Panch Phoron
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 3-4 curry leaves
- Pinch of Asofotida
- 1 tbsp oil
- For garnishing, chopped coriander and grated dry or fresh coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and Panch Phoron , fry well till properly roasted.
- Add turmeric, hing, chili powder and cubed pumpkin. Add salt.
- Fry well and close lid and cook for 5-10 min.
- Its done, garnish with chopped coriander and grated coconut.
This post goes to USmasala