- 1 medium size radish, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 green chili chopped
- pinch of asofoetida
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp peanuts, roasted and coarsely ground
- 1 cup plain yogurt / sour yogurt / half and half - sour and plain yogurt
- fresh coriander chopped for garnishing
- salt to taste
- Make a tarka / phodni - heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds and cumin seeds with chili and curry leaves fry for 30 sec and turn off the gas and add asafoetida . Mix well.
- Put the tarka on the grated radish mix well and add yogurt and coarsely ground peanut, salt.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.