On the occasion of Dhanatrayodashi , I made Badam Halwa for Prasadam.
- 1 cup - Almonds / Badam -soaked overnight and peeled
- 3/4 cup - Sugar (can take more if you like more sweet)
- 2 tbsp - Ghee
- 5-6 strands of saffron
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Grind the peeled almonds to a coarse paste in a grinder with milk.
- Add the ground paste to a heated pan and bring them to a boil with a reduced flame
- Keep stirring and add sugar and saffron, Keep stirring till the halwa becomes thick, add the ghee to it and keep stirring again.
- Remove from flame when it is thick enough to make ladoos or pedas or you can have it as is.
- Note:While stirring the halwa will become thick and it will come along with the spatula you are stirring with without sticking to the bottom, that is the sign for the halwa being done.
This post goes to the Diwali sweets and snacks event 2010