This curry paste can be used to make any type of Masaman curry dish.
- 3 large dried red chilies, seeded and soaked
- 5 roasted shallots
- 2 bulbs roasted garlic
- 1 tsp roasted sliced galangal
- 1 tbsp roasted sliced lemon grass
- 1 tbsp ground roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground roasted cumin
- 2 ground roasted cloves
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp rock salt
- Pound dried chilies and salt thoroughly.
- Add galangal and lemon grass, and pound well.
- Add roasted garlic, roasted shallots, coriander seeds, cumin, pepper, cloves, Pound well after each addition to obtain a fine paste.